Friday 24 June 2011

Frivolous Food- Brownies

"Don't wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty"
- Lora Brody


So this is nothing beauty related but chocolate and brownies are definitely some of my 'frivolous loves'. I made the 'Bloomin brilliant brownies' from the Jamie Oliver coockbook and bloomin brilliant they are indeed!

The recipe can be found here, or follow what I did as I did make some small changes to the recipe :)

What I used:
  • 250g unsalted butter
  • 200g dark chocolate
  • 80g cocoa powder, sifted
  • 65g flour, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 360g caster sugar
  • 4 large free range eggs
  • white chocolate chips
First I melted the chocolate and butter together in a large bowl over simmering water, while I could have done this quicker in a microwave, the recipe said to do it this way and I could just leave it to melt whilst I got the other ingredients together. 






In  separate bowl I mixed together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder.





Once the chocolate was completely melted I added the other ingredients and mixed all together.



I then added the eggs....


and stirred in the white chocolate chips, the little something I decided to add for extra chocolatey goodness ;)


I poured the mixture into a grease proof paper lined try and baked in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 C


and heres the result....


This is definitely the best brownie recipe i've tried so thought I would share it with any other chocolate lovers out there :)

I would love you to try it...or do you have any other favourite chocolate recipes you want to share?

Hope you enjoyed,

xoxo L

"Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold"- Judith Olney 

5 comments:

  1. recipes and how to make it will generate its own flavor. differences would be tempting to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I lovee brownies (:

    www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMMMMM oh my oh my!! these look lush i am so hungry now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are very yummy...made them twice now...think I need to stop for a while :P

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete